We don’t shout about enough. We’re good. We do good. We ask our guests to be good. And we have good things going on at Surf Maroc. Screw that, we have great things going on at Surf Maroc.
Our All The Good Things platform was birthed to show you, quite simply, show you all of our great Good Things that are helping make a little big difference in this lovely town and maybe beyond. Helping the environment, supporting local communities, raising for amazing charities, empowering staff and making sure our green footprints gets a little smaller as Surf Maroc grows ever bigger and better. We’re a little bit very proud.
Since All The Good Things launched, we’ve started to do loads and loads more. Check out this stella list.
- Set up monthly Beach Cleans with Surfrider Foundation
- Also, a monthly Taghazout Skatepark clean up
- We hire our own beach cleaners for our local beaches
- We are in collaboration with Surfrider Foundation Maroc to ensure we and our town are moving forward environmentally
- Set up our own recycling centre at each main location with
- Introduced Beach Clean-Up kits to our surf vans
- Donated old foamies and wetsuits to local children’s surf schools
- Have raised over 10,000dhs for 9 charities with our weekly community yoga class
- Chose Amsmoon and Idiots for Good to be our Surf Maroc charities that we are constantly supporting
- Had a big Amsmoon fundraising pop-up shop outside the Surf Maroc shop
- Have a bi-monthly Amsmoon pop up stand at the Amouage BBQ
- Constantly collect clothes, books, kitchenware and blankets for Idiots for Good
- Began a weekly local women’s only free yoga class at Amsmoon
- Help to organise regular day girls trips for Amsmoon
- Replaced all single-use tealights with re-fillable wax candles
- Funded the children’s Taghazout Art project
- Are completely single-use plastic-free in all of our locations
- Give our guests reusable lunchboxes and cutlery for their lunch
- Have water filters in all of our locations and do not sell plastic bottled water
- Are working with local organic farmers and fresh produce suppliers for local, organic ingredients
- Had Amouage run completely off solar panel energy over the summer for all external heating sources
- Cleaning products are all certified eco-friendly
- Majority of furniture is second-hand, recycled or reupholstered
- Out of our 150 staff, 90% are local Moroccans
- And more than 50% of our managerial staff are women
Think we can do more? We want to do more. We challenge you to give us more. Because whatever we can do that’s good for our environment and community, we are all ears. Try us.