The best jobs in the world?
We are passionate about surfing, yoga and hospitality. If you are too then maybe there’s a job here for you! See the list below for positions that are open at Surf Maroc.
Yoga Reservations & Sales Manager
Surf Maroc is an ace team of Surf & Yoga lovers and we’re passionate about providing the best possible surfing and yoga holidays out there. Our Yoga retreats are immersive week long retreats that help transform our guests’ physical and spiritual well-being. Set in our tranquil Villa Mandala, overlooking the rugged Moroccan coastline, we are the market leader and innovator for retreats in Morocco.
With growth in demand we are now looking for a talented and team-oriented Booking and Sales Manager.
That’s ideally where you come into the picture.
We’re looking for a bright and dynamic person who has a keen interest in Yoga, travel, has excellent administrative and IT skills, a passion for driving sales and a desire to take charge of Surf Maroc’s Yoga reservations and sales development.
The right candidate will report directly to Surf Maroc’s Stakeholders as well as work alongside the Sales & Marketing team.
This role has the option for remote work and will require the right candidate to be in Morocco for at least 1 month for training at the beginning.
The role will involve the following:
· Handling all guest enquiries - friendly email and phone communication with every prospective, present & past client.
· Managing all bookings and updating the booking system - taking all Regular Retreat & Guest Teacher Retreat bookings (group bookings).
· To be focused on the needs of the customer and to be sensitive and accommodating to their requests where possible
· Handling any complaints promptly and efficiently
· Making note of return guests for team to be aware of and welcome as such
· To be fully familiar with the (in-house) computer system: Booking Layer and have a complete understanding of the reservation procedures.
· To be able to update and process payments wherever necessary. This will involve maintaining updated spreadsheets, keeping record of client information & special requests to maximize future sales, return bookings & optimize the running of each retreat.
· Punctual and clear communication with the Manager at Villa Mandala in Morocco for optimum smooth running of every retreat.
· Effective and timely communications with logistics team in Morocco for optimum smooth running of our retreats (primarily via email).
· Weekly status meetings with Marketing & Sales team as well as Management.
· Effective, punctual & friendly email and phone communication with every prospective, present & past client.
· A thorough understanding & appreciation of Villa Mandala (our Yoga retreat centre); its’ room layout & room availability as well as our rates, services and packages in order to maximize holiday sales.
· To manage and update our profiles on any 3rd party booking websites.
· Setting annual retreat theming and scheduling: choosing optimum retreat dates (6-18 months in advance).
· Following up with enquiries and being able to close the sale.
· Conducting market research to find new clients, make positive and lasting connections with opinion leaders in the growing world of Yoga & find events and festivals for Surf Maroc to attend.
· Be able to take initiative and seek continual improvement in the sales development process as well as booking process.
· Assisting in recruitment of yoga teaching team: reading CVs/filing down best applications to maximize efficiency of regular recruitment process.
· An in depth understanding of and passion for Yoga (being a practitioner or teacher is a bonus) to aid you in selling to potential guests.
· Fluent in written & spoken English (French, German &/or other languages is very useful).
· Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, Google Drive suite, Email.
· Previous administrative experience a bonus.
· To reply to all email enquires promptly, within 12 hours of receipt.
· Previous experience with a booking platform is a plus
· Experience in a client/customer relationship management
· The role is partially remote. Villa Mandala is located here in Aourir, Morocco and so preference will be given to candidates willing to live some of the time of the year here in Morocco.
· This job is flexible hours (based on performance), with set weekly status call meetings.
· Surf Maroc is a rapidly growing company with ample opportunity for growth within the role and company.
The candidate may live anywhere in the world to do this job, but ideally fairly close by (so can easily come stay for 1-3 weeks, 3-4 times a year) or be Morocco based.
Sounds like the job for you? Then please submit your application with your CV/resume along with a cover letter referencing the following questions below:
· What is your experience level in practicing Yoga?
· Do you have any previous sales and/or market research experience?
· Similarly, any admin/management experience you’d like to highlight
· Any other experience you think might be relevant to the role you’d like to note
· Available hours
Host Taghazout VillaWe are currently recruiting a Host / manager for our beachside location - The Taghazout Villa, Morocco. Operating for over 12 years Surf Maroc are widely regarded as the premiere surf and yoga holiday and services provider in Morocco catering for up to 100 guests a week. Start date immediate.Managing arrivals, walk-ins and departures of guests.
Hosting of daily meals for guests.
- Coordination of client check-in (e.g. supervise cleaning, registration forms etc)
- Delivery of Welcome Speech about key operational aspects (e.g. meals/snacks, billing cash only, daily surf camp processes/timelines, hire
- centre, yoga, Villa security, Villa coming/goings and alcohol regulations).
- Greeting, touring and selling to potential walk-in clients.
- Client billing, checkouts and departures. Billing clients for all Villa related activities (Surf or Vehicle related costs are handled by Logistics Centre). Coordination of checkouts and baggage storage for guests who surf same day as departure.
Management of Villa maintenance and cleaning.
- Managing daily numbers and table preparation for breakfast and dinners ensuring client requirements (e.g. vegetarian, allergies etc) are met.
- Communicating lunch numbers, based on surf groups for day, to caterers and ensuring the lunches are distributed appropriately.
Management of the guests surfing experience.
- Daily review of Villa for anything needing repairing or changing. (e.g. broken toilet seat etc.)
- Management of ongoing painting of internal & external surfaces for maintenance. All properties in on the ocean in Morocco suffer from damp in the walls and subsequent paint peeling off. Painting and maintenance is constant because of the beachfront location.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Checking with each guest daily about their surfing experience and working with the Logistics Manager/Surf Guides to ensure they are completely happy with their lessons/guiding options.
- Help communicate to guests about the conditions for the day where they’re likely to be surfing and what the waves are expected to be like. Ensure they are familiar with the Guide they will be with for the day while helping get them out into the vehicles for the day before 9h00.
- Overall well-being of guests at the Villa.
- Responsible for the well being of all the guests stay at the Villa.
- Ability to be welcoming, easygoing, sociable and friendly at all times. You’re goal is to ensure clients great holiday and receive all the services they have paid for.
- Assistance with guests who require first aid and transport to local hospital to deal with any injuries.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Fluent in English & French OR Arabic. Essential.
- Customer/Guest Service Management experience
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Experienced Computer user (Excel, Word, google drive)
- Clean drivers license
We only accept applications submitted with a CV and a photo please
- Solid renumeration package including;
- Accommodation: your own bedroom in a shared staff apartment
- Food whilst at work
- Flights from Europe
- Very good local salary depending on qualifications, experience and commitment.
- Use of allocated hire equipment
- The opportunity of a lifetime
Surf Maroc est à la recherche d'une réceptionniste pour son établissement au cœur de Taghazout , le boutique hotel de 20 chambres Amouage.
Le candidat idéal devra être organisé, rigoureux, polyvalent, autonome, responsable, et apprécier travailler en équipe.
- Vous serez en charge du check in/out des clients
- Prise de réservation et facturation
- Bonne présentation
- Anglais obligatoire.
- Horaire continue (matin ou soir) 8h/jour. 1 day off semaine
Ceci est un poste exigeant, mais fortement gratifiant. Nous offrons une bonne ambiance de travail dans un établissement unique dans son genre. Un poste stable avec une bonne rémunération local avec des avantages.
Vous pouvez envoyer votre candidature à Pauline, Pauline@surfmaroc.com
Dive deep into teaching innovative, inspirational, diverse, multileveled classes both within a ‘real’ yoga retreat context and daily drop in/open classes on the magical Moroccan coastline.
For each 7 day Yoga Surf Retreat, Surf Maroc yoga teachers:
- Welcome each guest on arrival, finding out their expectations & requirements prior to teaching their first class
- Say goodbye to each guest at the end of the retreat.
- Teach progressive, themed 90-120 min vigorous morning Vinyasa Flow classes each retreat, 7.30-9.00/9.30am
- Teach deep 90 min evening Yin &/or Restorative yoga classes, 5.30-7pm, each retreat week.
- Teach from the vast tradition of Yoga, seamlessly interweaving precise alignment cues, yogic philosophy, pranayama, visualization, meditation practice, relaxation (& some mantra or chanting if possible) to inspire students on all levels of their being
- Are present and available before and after each class offering personal time for questions and some extra private tuition as and when requested.
- Join guests for a poolside breakfast banquet (9.30-10.30am) each morning and join for evening meals each retreat week.
- Focus their time and energy on offering caring, thoughtful & intelligent support to guests, on and off the mat, to maximize the development of their personal yoga practice & yoga journey as a whole.
DAILY OPEN YOGA CLASSES:
- Surf Maroc yoga teachers share the teaching of daily 60 min open yoga classes: 5.30 – 6.30pm. Vinyasa Flow is the focus of these classes. Each teacher teaches 3-4 a week.
- All classes must be accessible to all students, meeting each student’s requirements through careful consideration, intuition & solid yogic, practical and anatomical experience.
- Teachers are required to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to set up class and gather guest information for a safe & fun ‘open’ class practice.
- Guest information is recorded on excel spread sheets
There’s plenty of time between teaching for yourself, your practice, sea, sun, surf, rest, adventure…
Working hours vary, but usually 7.00-11am & 5-7.30pm (or 9.30pm 2/3 times a week) during retreats & much less during non-retreat weeks
Non Yoga Surf Retreat weeks are usually Guest teacher retreats, when yoga teachers assist the villa manager with hosting (approx 3 times a week).
Hosting includes, but is not limited to: building a rapport with guests, meeting their every need, answering ad hoc questions, assisting with changeover day, shala & villa upkeep, laying/clearing the table, assisting in serving meals & the general smooth running of the whole to help make every week each guest's best holiday ever!
This position is much more than a yoga teaching job, it’s about caring for people throughout their holiday & creating a nurturing, fun & unforgettable experience!
Accommodation: own room in shared staff accommodation in Taghazout
Food, whilst at work
Use of company car to get to and from Villa Mandala
Decent local salary & a decent commission on all daily open yoga classes
The opportunity to live by the ocean, use of surf & yoga equipment, learn to surf/enjoy developing surfing skills, enjoy the Moroccan sunshine and enchanting culture…
Please send CV, with detailed information on all teacher training qualifications, studies & teaching experience.
Please tell us: why you’d like to teach with Surf Maroc, how long you can commit to the position (dates, availability) and a short video clip of your teaching.
Within the video recording we’d like to see how you interact with your students, how you teach both Vinyasa flow and Yin or restorative yoga, use of props, modifications, hands on assists etc…
Send applications to email@example.com