SURFER WANTED! We are currently recruiting a host for our original beachside location – the Taghazout Villa, Morocco. Operating for over 15 years Surf Maroc is widely regarded as the premier surf and yoga holiday and services provider in Morocco catering for up to 150 guests a week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and sociable surfer who is also an organised, committed, reliable, composed, hard-working team player. Being an experienced surfer is essential. The job will suit someone who has the desire to live in Taghazout, Morocco’s surfing capital, on the beach and surf every day!
Start date: Immediately
Managing arrivals, walk-ins and departures of guests.
– Coordination of client check-in (e.g. supervise cleaning, registration forms etc)
– Delivery of Welcome Speech about key operational aspects (e.g. meals/snacks, billing, daily surf camp processes/timelines, hire centre, yoga, Villa security, Villa coming/goings and alcohol regulations).
– Greeting, touring and selling to potential walk-in clients.
– Client billing, checkouts and departures.
Hosting of daily meals for guests.
– Managing daily numbers and table preparation for breakfast and dinners ensuring client requirements (e.g. vegetarian, allergies etc) are met.
– Communicating lunch numbers, based on surf groups for day, to caterers and ensuring the lunches are distributed appropriately
– Socialising with the guests every day and each evening, having dinner together, making sure the atmosphere is great & everyone is happy!
Management of the guests surfing experience.
– Checking with each guest daily about their surfing experience and working with the Logistics Manager/Surf Guides to ensure they are completely happy with their lessons/guiding options.
– Help communicate to guests about the conditions for the day where they’re likely to be surfing and what the waves are expected to be like. Ensure they are familiar with the Guide they will be with for the day while helping get them out into the vehicles for the day before 9h00.
– The overall well-being of guests at the Villa.
– Ability to be welcoming, easygoing, sociable and friendly at all times. Your goal is to ensure clients great holiday and receive all the services they have paid for.
– Assistance with guests who require first aid and transport to local hospital to deal with any injuries.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Fluent in English. French or Arabic an advantage.
– Customer/Guest Service Management experience
– Excellent organisational and communication skills
– Social, outgoing and passionate about surfing
– Eye for detail
– Experienced Computer user (Excel, Word, google drive)
– Knowledge of surfing in the local area an advantage
– Clean drivers license
WHAT WE PROVIDE
– Solid remuneration package including;
– Accommodation: your own bedroom in a shared staff apartment
– Food whilst at work
– Flights from Europe
– Good local salary depending on qualifications, experience and commitment.
– Use of allocated hire equipment
– The opportunity of a lifetime