Dive deep into teaching innovative, inspirational, diverse, multileveled classes both within a ‘real’ yoga retreat context and daily drop in/open classes on the magical Moroccan coastline.
For each 7 day Yoga Surf Retreat, Surf Maroc yoga teachers:
– Welcome each guest on arrival, finding out their expectations & requirements prior to teaching their first class
– Say goodbye to each guest at the end of the retreat.
– Teach progressive, themed 90-120 min vigorous morning Vinyasa Flow classes each retreat, 7.30-9.00/9.30am
– Teach deep 90 min evening Yin &/or Restorative yoga classes, 5.30-7pm, each retreat week.
– Teach from the vast tradition of Yoga, seamlessly interweaving precise alignment cues, yogic philosophy, pranayama, visualization, meditation practice, relaxation (& some mantra or chanting if possible) to inspire students on all levels of their being
– Are present and available before and after each class offering personal time for questions and some extra private tuition as and when requested.
– Join guests for a poolside breakfast banquet (9.30-10.30am) each morning and join for evening meals each retreat week.
– Focus their time and energy on offering caring, thoughtful & intelligent support to guests, on and off the mat, to maximize the development of their personal yoga practice & yoga journey as a whole.
DAILY OPEN YOGA CLASSES:
– Surf Maroc yoga teachers share the teaching of daily 60 min open yoga classes: 5.30 – 6.30pm. Vinyasa Flow is the focus of these classes. Each teacher teaches 3-4 a week.
– All classes must be accessible to all students, meeting each student’s requirements through careful consideration, intuition & solid yogic, practical and anatomical experience.
– Teachers are required to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to set up class and gather guest information for a safe & fun ‘open’ class practice.
– Guest information is recorded on excel spread sheets
There’s plenty of time between teaching for yourself, your practice, sea, sun, surf, rest, adventure…
Working hours vary, but usually 7.00-11am & 5-7.30pm (or 9.30pm 2/3 times a week) during retreats & much less during non-retreat weeks
Non Yoga Surf Retreat weeks are usually Guest teacher retreats, when yoga teachers assist the villa manager with hosting (approx 3 times a week).
Hosting includes, but is not limited to: building a rapport with guests, meeting their every need, answering ad hoc questions, assisting with changeover day, shala & villa upkeep, laying/clearing the table, assisting in serving meals & the general smooth running of the whole to help make every week each guest’s best holiday ever!
This position is much more than a yoga teaching job, it’s about caring for people throughout their holiday & creating a nurturing, fun & unforgettable experience!
Accommodation: own room in shared staff accommodation in Taghazout
Food, whilst at work
Use of company car to get to and from Villa Mandala
Decent local salary & a decent commission on all daily open yoga classes
The opportunity to live by the ocean, use of surf & yoga equipment, learn to surf/enjoy developing surfing skills, enjoy the Moroccan sunshine and enchanting culture…
Please send CV, with detailed information on all teacher training qualifications, studies & teaching experience.
Please tell us: why you’d like to teach with Surf Maroc, how long you can commit to the position (dates, availability) and a short video clip of your teaching.
Within the video recording we’d like to see how you interact with your students, how you teach both Vinyasa flow and Yin or restorative yoga, use of props, modifications, hands on assists etc…
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org