Are you passionate about yoga & hospitality? Do you have experience in hospitality? Can you speak French &/or Arabic? Would you like to co-manage a beautiful beachfront villa retreat?
Surf Maroc is looking for a Villa Mandala host, who as front of house, the face of the retreat, needs to be: friendly, helpful, organized, trustworthy, intelligent, multilingual & calm to create and maintain the highest standards of service, hospitality, communication and seamless organization during each retreat at our beautiful Villa. You can read more about your typical day here!
Start Date: Immediately
You will co-run our Yoga retreats from start to end in order to offer an entire and unforgettable journey for each guest:
Organizing each stay:
– Supporting our Villa Manager in organizing the next retreat
– Responsible for logistics of each retreat: liaising with logistics team & utilizing booking system, to check all relevant guest information is gathered at appropriate times each week, in preparation for the beginning and end of each retreat;
– Ensuring optimum arrival and departure of each guest using booking layer.
Co-managing the villa:
– An excellent eye for detail: checking rooms are correctly prepared/cleaned/maintained for guests’ arrival and during each week;
– Working alongside guardian to ensure maintenance workers are contacted & managed whenever necessary;
– Ensuring guests have all they need during each meal, assisting chefs where necessary with clearing table, writing menu board…;
– Responsible for explaining, arranging and recording extra activities for guests, e.g. horse riding, camel riding, massage, hammam, day excursions, etc. & liaising with Surf Maroc logistics for arranging extra transport etc.;
– Recording all this info in spreadsheets for staff & clients to utilize;
– Effectively manage the team of cleaners, chefs, guardian and sometimes yoga teachers & surf instructors;
– Overseeing/hosting breakfast/mornings & from (around) 4 pm at Villa to welcome guests back from beach/activities, check they’re happy/arrange anything for the following day if necessary;
– Inform Logistics of any changes to next day plan before 6 pm each evening;
– Creating lovely ambiance during evenings: finalizing table laying, dips (7-8 pm), dinner (8 pm-);
– Eating with guests during some evenings, depending on week and generally being a helpful happy host!
– Utilizing iPad till system daily, responsible for ensuring till is correct at all times, doing guests’ ‘extra bills’ (from now with honesty tabs but this task will evolve with our new version of our booking) at the end of each week & cashing up (with accounts team) promptly each week;
– Ensuring a safe, homely, friendly and yogic space is maintained for every guest. Creating a beautiful, fun, relaxed ambience each evening, with right lighting, music & conversation….
– Languages: English and Fluent in French &/or Arabic
– IT competence, especially in effective emailing, decent level of written English, Excel spreadsheets & a fast learner of new systems such as booking layer 2, ipos till system;
– Solid hospitality experience and the ability to keep cool under pressure & always remain cheerful & professional with clients
– A team player
– Full clean driver license
– The desire to live by the ocean, join our fantastic Surf Maroc team and commit 100% for at least 12 months
Hours are necessarily flexible and vary week to week. However, most of the time you need to be here morning and evening with free time for surfing, relaxing during the day (usually 12.30-4pm)
1 day off a week (as appropriate for Surf Maroc)
A good Moroccan salary
Accommodation (own room in shared staff apartment in Taghazout)
We cover up to 1500 dirhams per flight (if necessary at beginning and end of each successful contract)
Food whilst at work
Use of company car to and from Villa Mandala (at times that are convenient and correct for work)
Please send CV, with detailed information
Please tell us: why you’d like to teach with Surf Maroc & how long you can commit to the position (dates, availability)
We’d like to see what makes you special, unique & perfect for this job.
For more information please contact: email@example.com