We’re looking for an experienced yoga teacher and manager to run Surf Maroc’s yoga operations. To manage and develop our high-quality yoga programme, we need an applicant to be an experienced, innovative and inspired yoga teacher able to teach multi-level classes at both our boutique Amouage hotel and Villa Mandala yoga retreat centre. As head teacher, you will be managing other yoga teachers as well as teaching daily classes.
– Management and development of the Surf Maroc yoga experience
– Lead the yoga team of 3
– Strong ability to teach various yoga styles and elements including Vinyasa flow, Yin, Restorative, meditation, pranayama
– Recruitment and training of new yoga teachers
– Management of yoga schedules for open classes, retreat classes and other programmes
– Attend 1 class per week per yoga teacher and provide balanced feedback
– Management of yoga spaces and equipment
– Active member of Surf Maroc’s senior management team
– Theming retreats using a variety of yoga styles
– Participate in some retreat hosting duties
– Teach 1 to 3 classes per day
Skills & Qualifications:
– Min. 2 recognisable international Yoga teacher training courses
– Min. 2 years of varied professional teaching experience
– Ability to effectively manage a yoga team
– Ability to multi-task and time manage between various responsibilities
– Continued personal study and a keen interest in ongoing personal development as a teacher
– Motivated to share ones knowledge with co-teachers and students
– A warm, caring, positive work ethic is essential
– A natural team player essential
– A driving license essential
– Competent administrative skills
– A good grasp of French &/or Arabic is very useful
– Experience or a flair for hospitality and looking after people on holiday
– An interest in surfing is very useful
Salary and Benefits:
– The salary for this role reflects the responsibility and high level of yoga teaching required
– Food while working
– Use of surfing equipment and services when not working
Start date: beginning of January (earlier if possible) – 12 month contract.
To apply: Please send CV, with detailed information on all teacher training qualifications, studies, teaching & any relevant managerial & personal experience.
Please tell us:
– Why you’d like to be Yoga Manager with Surf Maroc & what you think you can bring to the role
– How long you can commit to the position (dates, availability)
– A short video clip of your teaching.
Within the video sample we’d like to see how you create & hold space, interact with your students, how you teach both varied vigorous Vinyasa flow and Yin or restorative yoga for all levels, use of props, modifications, hands on assists, themes etc.
We’d like to see what makes you special, unique & perfect for this job.
You can see an extended job description here. And for more information please contact: email@example.com