We are currently recruiting for the Head of Surf Experience to help us elevate and improve our surf operation program here in Taghazout, Morocco. Operating for over 15 years, Surf Maroc is widely regarded as one of the worlds leading surf and yoga holiday and providers.
We are looking for an experienced surf coach with a background in managing a large team. You will report directly to the owners of the business.
Start Date: Mid March
Roles and Responsibilities
– Providing first-class surfing experience to all guests whether accomplished regular surfers or those surfing for the first time.
– Managing and hiring a team of up to 15 instructors and guides.
– Managing, training, developing your team to increase their skills, contribution and elevating the level of surf operations.
– Leading by example via highly effective coaching, communications.
– Managing and assessing team satisfaction targets and bonus scheme.
– Managing day to day operations of surf activities. Surf Guiding, Surf Coaching and all Girls Surf weeks
– Ensuring our equipment is looked after and sufficient stock is available at all times.
– Working with the head office team in creating and rolling out new products and initiatives, as well as integrating with our events, partnerships, marketing teams and more.
– Client liaison, resolving any complaints or issues with guests regarding the surf team.
– 3 year’s experience managing a large team
– ASI level 2 or best 3 or international equivalent
– Advanced experience in surf coaching is essential
– Strong understanding of surf forecasting and desire to learn about the surf breaks in the area
– Social, outgoing and passionate about surfing
– An ability to work under pressure, with a drive and determination to achieve the best
– Great people skills, with an ability to motivate and inspire team members
– Strong attention to detail with an ability to spot trends and errors
– A proactive and ambitious mindset
Salary offered is dependant on experience.
We only accept applications submitted with a Cover Letter, CV and photo. Please also include links to your portfolio or previous work. Please send to email@example.com